Map shallow waters from the comfort of your desk
SDB-Online - The Web App for worldwide bathymetry
SDB-Online is the new cloud-based software to create high-resolution bathymetric grids for shallow waters. It builds on EOMAP’s expertise in Satellite-Derived Bathymetry (SDB), a technique to map water depth from space. On World Hydrography Day 2023, we revamped the Web App with new features and and workflow improvements.
Simplify your workflow!
SDB-Online allows you to generate bathymetry grids within mouse clicks. Enjoy the following benefits:
High-resolution bathymetry data of shallow waters – anywhere on Earth
Access relevant satellite images within minutes – from the comfort of your desk
Generate bathymetry grids on any browser. No need for costly hard- or software.
From the selection of your area until download of SDB grids – pay-per-use
EOMAP's technology in a nutshell
- SDB-Online works in a cloud environment with multiple processes running in parallel. You benefit by very fast processing times.
- The Web App enables you to analyse shallow waters up to 1x Secchi Disc Depth. Depending on the water clarity, this ranges from 10m in the Southern Baltic to +20m in clear waters of the Caribbean.
- To even increase accuracy, you can book manual QA/QC by our experts and receive a seafloor classification on demand.
- SDB-Online has been developed in the course of the 4S project. Learn more about the validation of SDB-Online in these use cases.
- Here is more details on the technology behind.
Trust us on SDB
Satellite-Derived Bathymetry is our key expertise. Coastal planners and engineers, surveyors and hydrographers all over the world value EOMAP’s SDB expertise and data. In 2015 and 2022, EOMAP was selected top-ranked SDB provider by the UK Hydrographic Office. Moreover, bathymetric data by EOMAP are featured in nautical charts and the European harmonized bathymetry grid EMODnet Bathymetry, and we were the first to provide a high-resolution SDB of the entire Great Barrier Reef. Since 2021, we are partnering with Seabed 2030 – a worldwide initiative to map the entire ocean floor by 2030.
Learn more about coastal stakeholders we’ve supported all around the globe.
What users say:
Get in touch!
Do you have any questions? – Here are a short video and the most important FAQs.
Unleash the power of EOMAP’s Satellite-Derived Bathymetry engine to generate shallow water grids for your projects! –
Contact Product Manager Mona Reithmeier or the shallow water team at sdb-online(at)eomap.com
The project has received funding by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme under grant agreement no. 101004221.