Map Shallow Waters from the Comfort of your Desk
SDB-Online - The WebApp for Worldwide Bathymetry
Let's simplify your workflow!
SDB-Online is the new cloud-based software to create high-resolution bathymetric grids for shallow waters. It builds on EOMAP’s expertise in Satellite-Derived Bathymetry (SDB), a technique to map water depth from space. With SDB-Online, coastal engineers, surveyors, modellers or scientists can create high-res bathymetry – easily and online. – SDB-Online allows smart coastal mapping with these benefits:
High-resolution bathymetry data of shallow waters – anywhere on Earth
Access relevant satellite images within minutes – from the comfort of your desk
Generate bathymetry grids without subcontracting, hard- or software – on any browser
From the selection of your area until download of SDB grids – pay-per-use
* Once registered, you will receive access to SDB-Online. EOMAP’s data analyst will guide you through in short videos.
Unless you press “Confirm Order”, no costs will arise.
Have a go and enjoy!
EOMAP's technology in a nutshell
- Every process you trigger is based on EOMAP’s patented technology: We are worldwide leaders in the precise modelling of sunlight’s path through the atmosphere and water down to the seafloor – an inversion of the radiative transfer model.
- SDB-Online works in a cloud environment with multiple processes running in parallel. You benefit by very fast processing times.
- You can analyse shallow waters up to 1m secchi disc depth with SDB-Online. Depending on the water clarity, this ranges from 10m in the Southern Baltic to +20m in clear waters of the Caribbean.
- To even increase accuracy, you can book manual QA/QC by our experts and Seafloor classification.
- Here is the Product Sheet for PDF-download.
Trust us on SDB
Satellite-Derived Bathymetry is our key expertise. Coastal planners and engineers, surveyors and hydrographers all over the world value EOMAP’s SDB expertise and data. In 2015 and 2022, EOMAP was selected top-ranked SDB provider by the UK Hydrographic Office. Moreover, bathymetric data by EOMAP are featured in nautical charts and the European harmonized bathymetry grid EMODnet Bathymetry, and we were the first to provide a high-resolution SDB of the entire Great Barrier Reef. Since 2021, we are partnering with Seabed 2030 – a worldwide initiative to map the entire ocean floor by 2030.
Learn more about coastal stakeholders we’ve supported all around the globe.
What users say:
Get in touch!
Unleash the power of EOMAP’s Satellite-Derived Bathymetry engine to generate shallow water grids for your projects! – Contact us at sdb-online(at)eomap.com
SDB-Online has received funding by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation
programme under grant agreement No 101004221.